House extensions are a great way to maximise your space and increase the value of your home. An extension requires a team of qualified tradespeople, with every type of skill from the architect to the setting of the foundation, through to painting and decorating at the final stage of the project.
The Property Renovation Company have all the skills and experience you need for building your extension, including liaising with architects and structural engineers and following architectural drawings.
Case Study: Monkfrith, Cratfield
Full home renovation with rear extension
Our brief at the Cratfield property was to add an additional upstairs bedroom with family bathroom and an ensuite to the master bedroom. In addition, to increase the downstairs living space with utility room and separate toilet and shower.
1. Prior to commencing any groundworks, The Property Renovation Company consulted with architects, who undertook drawings for the planning application.
2. We removed the rear chimney along with the majority of the rear wall, as this turned out to be unsafe and needed to be re-built.
3. The introduction of Dormer windows on the first floor increased the room space upstairs to allow for an additional bedroom.
4. A full length single storey extension allowed us to incorporate a large family kitchen with dining area and double patio doors to the outside garden.
5. It also provided us with the additional space to include a separate utility room and ground floor toilet and shower.
The photographs show a rear extension to the house, which has opened up the kitchen to the back garden, creating a light airy, open-plan area for cooking, dining, living and entertaining.